Selfie Based Attendance for Bharuch District Talathis
- Close to 500 talathis visit 379 Seja Offices to handle records of ~553 villages.
- Frequent complaints by public about unavailability of staff at the office
- Paper Registers have been hard to tally, and prone to weekly/mass updates
- Hard to keep track of attendance at office and at taluka and district office or at site visits.
- No way to tally complaints by citizens and presence of personnel
- Prepared list of villages, which Sejas they belong to, How many Talathis are deployed there.
- Identified Non-Continuous sejas, low manpower sejas etc, Vacant Villages
- Trained the personnel on taking and uploading the photo. Process is kept simple with minimal manual data entry.
- Pilot project was done in 2 Talukas for two weeks period to identify problems and glitches in data collection procedure.
Actual work Progress and Impact
- The project is functional in all 9 Talukas since 1st June 2019
- We have collected ~75,000 Geo-tagged-Timestamped photos in this period (83% Compliance)
- Out of 489 talathis, 484 have at least once registered their attendance.
- We have set up systems to identify absentees, late-entrants, early leavers etc.
- Systems to identify attendance from workplace or from District/Taluka place is being developed
- SMS and Mail summary reports to each users about their weekly summary (In development)
Benefits over other forms of attendance
Over Pen and Paper attendance –
- Ability to aggregate and Analyse patterns in Central system
- Not possible to register whole weeks attendance in one go.
- Location tracking removes possibility of absence
Over Thumb Impressions, numberpads etc.
- No physical machine requirements
- Zero installation and maintenance costs
- Does not require constant power and electricity connection